INDUSTRIAL EXPLOSION AND PROCESS SAFETY
SELECT TRAINING TYPE
In-house training is carried out for groups of 5 to 15 people from the same company or organisation. The training programme is tailored to the needs of the delegates and the nature of the company which guarantees the best results. The training date and venue are set individually. In-house training means the lowest cost, highest efficiency and convenience.
Open training is carried out for groups of 10 to 20 people coming from various companies or organisations. The date, the venue and the subject matter are set six months in advance to allow you to plan your training cycle. It is the best solution for companies that want to train up to five delegates. For higher number of delegates in-house training should be considered as a more cost-efficient option.
We are recommended by
Rockwool Polska – Maintenance Section Leader
We were extremely pleased to be able to participate in the INDEX Conference. I hope that we will also participate in the next Conference, equally fruitful in theoretical and practical terms.
Kompania Piwowarska S.A. – Production Manager
The training was highly successful compared to the other ones in which I had participated. The training helped to understand the interdependence with regard to EX zones between the systems users and the companies manufacturing engineering equipment or safety systems. Most often I attended training courses discussing the ATEX directive with slight references to the real problems resulting from the currently applied and available technologies or techniques. For a system user it is of crucial importance to be able to safely steer among the technology and techniques in compliance with law.
Teva Operations Poland sp. z o.o. – Occupational Safety Specialist
I would like to thank you for organizing the seminar which was really valuable, interesting, and very well prepared.
Process and explosion safety (ATEX)
In-house training is intended for a specific company or organisation. The high flexibility of this solution allows us to better tailor the scope of training topics, time and venue to the requirements of the client. Usually the training is for a group of 5 to 15 delegates.
IMPORTANT: in-house training topics is tailored to the individual needs of your company. It is usually developed on the basis of 5-7 topics from the following list (discussion of one topic on average takes 45 minutes). Let us know if the topics which are of interest to you are not in the list.
- Legal basis related to explosion safety: ATEX137 directive and Polish regulation (concerns: owners of production lines, machines, and appliances designated to operate in explosion-hazard area).
- Legal basis related to explosion safety: ATEX95 directive and Polish regulation (concerns: suppliers of machines, appliances, and protection systems designated to operate in explosion hazard area); and bilateral relations between ATEX137 and ATEX95 directives.
- legal basis related to fire safety: ministry of the Interior and administration regulation as from 7 June 2010 on fire-protection of buildings, non-building structures, and areas; along with bilateral relations with ATEX137 directive.
- Basic classification criteria and labelling rules for explosion hazard areas (gases, vapours, solvent steams, dusts); critical evaluation of the explosive parameters relevance of gases, liquid vapours and dusts.
- Static earthing – the importance of the problem, examples and available technical solutions.
- Types of explosion-protection implemented in the industry and basic rules of their selection (explosion venting, suppressing, isolation); basic rules for protecting process plants against explosion.
- Film examples illustrating the effectiveness (advantages and disadvantages) of using selected explosion-protection systems (test explosions).
- Basic rules for safe work and equipment operations in explosion-hazard areas (film with a commentary).
- Industrial explosions examples (a presentation with photos and film – simulation of one of explosions).
- A degree and availability of the ventilation vs. range of explosion hazard zones on the example of gas networks, liquefied petroleum gas, hydrogen, acetylene; battery charging stations, hand cabinets for chemical substances.
- Electric equipment in the zones: General guidelines for the selection of gases, vapours and powders.
- A risk of serious breakdown in the industry; selected problems related to storage (silos, containers), dust extraction (filters, cyclones, vacuuming), carburisation in power stations (power mills), limitations related to the use of explosion venting.
- Process and explosion risks occurring at biomass installations (receipt, storage and biomass feeding for combustion/co-combustion, dust extraction, resource quality impact); risks related to small biomass installations.
- Explosion-hazard issues related to storage and dust extraction within alternative fuels feeding systems.
- Time: determined individually (as suitable for both parties)
- Venue: determined individually (it may be a customer’s site or a room rented in any city)
- Price: depends on the number of delegates, venue, topics and training duration (one or two days). The cost of training starts from PLN 4000 net, which assuming that the training will be carried out for 6-15 people is a very attractive price.
Basic ATEX training: Cross-sectional approach to explosion safety in industry on the basis of applicable laws and practical examples, in particular intended for:
- manufacturing and warehousing companies, with sites with the presence of flammable dusts, gases, vapours or hybrid mixtures (managers, maintenance engineers, those in charge for safety in the company),
- insurance companies offering their services to industrial enterprises,
- firefighters and experts in fire protection,
- government organisations.
Select the training programme, date and venue
The open training attended by representatives of various companies and organisations. A training group of 10 to 20 delegates. The training programs are based on experience and knowledge of Andrzej Wolff, PhD. Eng. who has many years’ practical experience in the field of explosion and process safety.
Because we are practitioners
Our experts are practitioners who work daily on a wide range of projects in the energy, chemical, food or wood industries. Here are recent projects in which we participated.
Explosion risk assessment of the starch and gelatin receiving, storage and transport system
Risk assessment for the flour receiving, storage and transport system
Explosion safety audit of the sewage sludge drying, transport and storage divisions
Comprehensive adjustment of the production facility to the requirements of explosion and process safety conditions
Power Industry Looks after Safety of Their Facilities – Explosion Protection Document for Four Heating Plants and Two Boiler Houses
Provide a complete dust and gas extraction system for two production lines in an aluminium industry manufacturing plant located in Western Europe
Monitoring dangerous gas concentrations with gas detection systems
Analysis and assessment of explosion risk for a dedusting filter project
Dedicated Explosion Safety System (DESS) for four dedusting installations in the pharmaceutical industry
Project of modernization of a bucket elevator and chips containers
Because we take care about every detail
After each training we ask delegates to complete anonymous questionnaires that allow us to improve what we do for you.
Anonymous survey results
Because we will give you a gift
Each participant will receive a gift in the form of an annual subscriptions of the magazine Express Przemysłowy worth PLN 100!
Are you interested in training?
Just send us a message. For many years we have organise training courses, both open and in-house, and for several years we have also supplement them with unique live demonstrations of explosions and explosion protection. Describe your needs, and we will certainly try to fulfil them.
+48 12 2*** *** (click to show)